Intravenous Sedation: Medications are given through a vein in your arm or hand, which will cause total relaxation. Although you will not actually be unconscious, there will be very little recall of the events surrounding surgery.
- It is essential that you have NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK for eight hours prior to surgery. However, it is important that you take any regular medications or pre-medication with a sip of water.
- For morning appointments, nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before. Afternoon appointments — nothing to eat or drink after 6:00 am the morning of surgery unless instructed by the doctor.
- A responsible adult must accompany you and remain in the office to drive you home afterward. You should not drive at all after sedation anesthesia for 24 hours. Anesthetic agents can be retained in your body for up to 48 hours and can decrease both your awareness and reflexes.
- In the event that you will take public transportation, you cannot be dropped off or return home alone. For your safety, an adult must accompany you to and from our office and stay during the procedure.
- A parent or legal guardian who will give consent for the procedure must accompany patients under the age of 18.
- Wear loose clothing with short sleeves; avoid wearing contact lenses and jewelry.
- Female patients should not wear eye makeup, lipstick, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please telephone this office at least 48 hours in advance if you will not be able to keep your appointment.
Women, please note: Some antibiotics may interfere with the effectiveness of your birth control pills. Please check with your pharmacist.
To request a consultation and learn more about how we can help improve your smile, please request an appointment now.